Updated: Sep 18
This Cucumber and Lime Chia Fresca is a quick and easy non-alcoholic beverage for all your summer gatherings and BBQ's. Filled with antioxidants and heart healthy minerals such as potassium and magnesium, this refreshing beverage can also help you stay hydrated during those hot summer days.
1 small Persian cucumber or 1/2 of a large regular cucumber, chopped
3 cups filtered water
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1. Blend the cucumber, water, lime juice, and maple syrup in a blender until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into a pitcher. Optional: use a fine mesh strainer to strain the mixture.
3. Stir in the chia seeds and allow them to sit for 20 minutes.
4. Add ice to glasses and pour the chia fresca over top. Enjoy!
· Best served the same day, although you can refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
· Can add chopped mint for more flavor
· For a milder cucumber flavor – peel cucumber before blending
Calories 47, Fat 1g, Carbs 9g, fiber 1 g, sugar 5g, protein 1g, potassium 129 mg, calcium, 62 mg, magnesium 25 mg
Serving size 1 cup